Those perfect Sunday mornings are few and far between, long gone are the days of endless lie-ins and indulgent hours spent day dreaming between the sheets, while sipping coffee and flicking through the pages of a good magazine. It’s crazy how you take such a simple act for granted. In those younger and seemingly naive years, I never saw an end to these simple pleasures, instead I whiled away the hours without much appreciation and then... BHAM! There is a small person who is not that up for me having an hour to wake up slowly on my own. Nope, it’s all about loud shouts demanding cornflakes and transformers, and any visions of sipping coffee in the comfort of my bed turns into the reality of avoiding lego, while blindly making my way bare foot through the obstacle course he’s created between me and the kettle. Thankfully he’s a cutie so it’s sweetens the deal :)
So when the lovely folks over at Loaf sent me a Lazy Linen Bundle, made of super-soft crushed Belgian linen, I jumped at the chance to indulge in a slow Sunday and enjoy a morning to myself wrapped in my luxuruious new bedding. I chose the dusty pink duvet and complimented it with a light grey sheet and pillowcase – which start from £15 – and spruced up my king sized bed. The natural fibres are great, they keep you cool in summer and warm in winter and I love that you don't need to iron them as it's all about the natural crumpled look. That's a win win right there! Is it just me or is there something really satisfying about fresh new sheets or am I just showing my age?
So when this morning rolled round and the boys headed out into the rain, I bunked down with a freshly brewed cup of Arabica coffee, my favourite banana pancakes with maple syrup and one of my many ‘to read’ mags that lines my bedside table…oh pure bliss!
If you are a fan of pancakes but have any diary or gluten intolerance than these are the perfect snack and are super simple to make. All you need is: 1 Banana, 2 Eggs and some natural coconut oil.
• Mash up a banana in a bowl.
• Next whisk in two eggs until it looks like pancake batter.
• Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a frying pan and heat.
• Pour a small golf ball sized dollop of pancake batter.
• Use a spatula to flip over and cook both sides and repeat.
• Serve with Canadian Maple syrup and enjoy!
I served it straight onto a wooden board to give that hotel feel and make my breakkie that little bit special and enjoyed eating it in bed, yep folks it's all about doing it for yourself. I even had time to catch up on a few of my favourite bloggers posts, write this post *insert shocked emoticon face here* and slip into the depths of pintrest for more bedroom interior inspiration.
Loaf's founder Charlie Marshall has kindly shared some bedroom styling tips to help you create your own sanctuary at home.
1) Choose a natural bed linen - it's breathable and keeps you cool. Crushed Belgian linens work a treat as you don't have to spend hours ironing too!
2) Throw the windows open, draw your curtains or blinds right back and make the best of the natural light. A nice large mirror will help to keep the natural light bouncing around the room.
3) Flowers instantly lift a room! Spend a tenner on some freshly cut blooms and display them in old jam jars. Cheap as chips too!
4) Declutter the area around your bed and keep only the essentials on your bedside table for a calm sleep space.
I've also been watching the lovely Heather at Home vlogs and checking out her tips for decluttering, getting organised and coming up with fun interior ideas. I'm determined to make my space the perfect retreat that can enjoyed all day round, rather than snatching a moment here or there amongst the chaos. What would be your perfect Sunday morning?
I hope you've had a relaxing morning and a fab weekend! x