4 August 2015
DESIGN YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE // INSPIRATION
We're back from our travels and after a taking a little break from the blog I'm finally getting back into the swing of things as I sit in front of the gazillion emails waiting for me. After spending most of the week outdoors I wanted to share some outdoor space inspiration. As some of you might remember we live in a flat over in Bristol sans garden, which unfortunately means no outdoor space for us. Now normally I don't mind this sort of thing but after staying in an artist studio for a week, with doors that open out onto a garden with your own seating area and chairs to lounge in after hours, I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about.
Sitting outside, reading a book, wrapped in a blankets as it gets dark, gazing at the stars while sipping hot coco *sigh* yep having an outdoor space has suddenly grabbed my attention and has me pining for an open pit fire to toast marshmallows on and while away the evening hours. So I've started creating a wish list in the hopes it will somehow cosmically send a garden my way when flat hunting.
I do love a bit of accessorising and being able to buy for a whole new space could potentially be very exciting, so here are my favourites pieces from online interior store Love the Design to get me garden ready:
1. How cool would this geometric mirror look on a bare brick wall or wooden slats and reflect the light.
2. I've always wanted one of these statement chairs, I love the style and they come in so many colours plus are pretty durable in any weather.
3. I love making cocktails and this cool tray would be the perfect way to serve friends.
4. Having candles are a great way to transform a space and create a lovely ambiance and these glass candle holders are ace!
5. For those cooler nights a super warm and cosy throw would be fab to curl up in.
6. Totally loving this fun pink crystal jug to entertain with, it reminds me of parties from when I was a kid.
7. For the ultimate outdoor space accessory look no further than this hammock *swoon* I pretty much spent all my evening in a hammock when in France.
If you fancy a little bit of inspiration and a peek at outdoor spaces that have caught my eye recently then check out my Outdoor space Pinterest Board.
*This is a collaborative post.