Over the long weekend outdoors F lives in cool casual jumpers, colourful tees, jeans/dungarees as they're hardy and go with pretty much anything, shorts for warmer weather styled with hi-tops, and of course wellies! I picked out some of my favouites below from the fab Festival Essential selection.
1. I love a good blanket, it can be used for wrapping round your little one at night or as a throw to sit on and this Patternology Chevron Knitted Blanket, £29.95 is gorgeous.
2. A pair of bright Shrimp Shorts £14 will help your kiddo stand out in the crowd.
3. F loves funky jumpers and they're easy to add over layers to keep them warm when it starts to get chilly. I love this Disney Mickey Mouse Camouflage Jumper, £18.
4. These are soooo cute! There's nothing like comfy trainers to run around in and these Hi Top Trainers, £12 are perfect for little feet.
5. We always take some shade like this Essentials Parasol, £14.95 with a UV filter as it's easy to store and can create that much needed shade on super sunny days.
6. F has grown out of his pushchair now but when he was little it was our one festival must have. It's perfect for letting them nap in, travelling over muddy ground, keeping your kiddo dry and even moving your camp back to the car and this Armadillo City Pushchair - Lemon Drop, £189 will really stand out.
7. OK I'm adding this tropical striped Jumper in at £12 as I love the print and have my eye on it for our festival adventures.
We've been taking F to festivals since he was about 18 months old and at first I was super anxious about the idea of a baby overnight in a tent, but it turns out he's a natural and as long as you take the essentials you're all set. We've been taking F annually and one of our favourite festivals is End of the Road, set in the Lamar Tree Gardens it's a fab family friendly four day event with amazing music, great food, open fires, fairy lit woods, wandering peacocks and a full range of kids events and activities.
We tried Just So festival last year, unlike End of the Road, this is completely child focused and packed with fun activities like: giant puppets, outdoor cinema screenings, live theatre, pirate school, lantern making and an appearance of the fairy queen, safe to say F loves it and we can't wait to go back this year and experience the magic again.
This year we're thrilled to attend the Wilderness Festival for the first time with Mamas & Papas and take over their Instagram account for the weekend so you can follow our experience. We're already planning our must see list and I am sooooo excited to see Bjork headline and F can't stop talking about all the kids activities.
To celebrate festival season Mamas & Papas have teamed up with Camp Bestival to offer you the chance to win a family pass to the four day festival in Dorset *whoop* Simply purchase any product between now and 23rd June via here and you’ll be entered into the draw.