Aswell as having his Star Wars lego Advent calendar (the boy is obsessed!) we have a few nice family activies popped up on the fridge to keep us going and we can tick them off as we go along.
1. Drink hot chocolate and marshmallows outside.
2. Go Christmas tree spotting on a walk around the neighbourhood.
3. Go tobogganing with friends.
4. Watch a Christmas film under a blanket with popcorn.
5. Decorate the house in fairy lights.
6. Visit a Christmas Market.
7. Go iceskating with friends and family.
8. Write a letter to Father Christmas and post it.
9. Bake festive cupcakes and hand out instead of Christmas cards.
10. Decorate the Christmas tree.
11. Attend a Christmas carol service.
12. Donate to your local food bank.
13. Buy someone behind you in the queue their coffee/tea/drink
14. Make your own Christmas wreath out of foraged twigs and branches.
15. Wear a fun Christmas jumper.
16. Bake christmas cookies for your local postie to say thanks.
17. Volunteer at your local shelter or donate to the White Helemets to help civilians in Syria.
18. Make your own snow globe out of a mason jar.
19. Decorate a gingerbread house.
20. Wrap presents together.
21. Go for a winter walk in the woods and decorate a tree.
22. Make mulled wine or spicy cider.
23. Gift friends a bauble for their tree with a note to say why they are loved.
24. Snuggle in bed together to read a Christmas story.
I really believe that Christmas should be about giving back as well as sharing gifts with loved ones, whether it's small acts of kindness to spread happiness or supporting those who are less fortunate. I hope you like some our the ideas and you can pin the image above as a reminder.
I'd love to hear what you get up to at Christmas?