December is here at last and this morning I'll wake to excited squeals, little hands looking for chocolate treasures hidden behind paper doors and our annual tree hunt to find the perfect specimen to grace our flat for Christmas. To get in the festive mood I thought it would be good to bunker down and enjoy a treat during this crazy weather we're having at the moment, so I thought I'd share a simple winter plum tart recipe that takes minutes to prep and make.
This is the perfect recipe for those wanting to indulge a little at very little cost, as there it only takes four ingredient's to create this tasty dish! All you'll need is:
• Just Roll Puff Pastry
• 1-2 Ripened Plums
• Greek Yoghurt
• Organic Maple Syrup
F loves these little tarts and using pre-made roll pastry takes all the hard work out of baking, plus you can cut them to any shape or size making them perfect bites for little ones. This has really got me craving some of the Christmas party food that we'll no doubt indulge in this month.
• Take your puff pastry out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before baking to allow it to reach room temperature.
• Cut your plums into slices and set to one side.
• Slice your pastry to the appropriate size and shape. I made three small rectangle tarts for us to snack on.
• Arrange the slices on your pastry shapes.
• Place on a baking tray with the baking paper provided and bake 10-15 minutes at 170ºC in the oven or until golden brown.
• The plum slices will look a little dried on the outside but are fleshy and soft on the inside making them delicious.
• Add a dollop of fat free Greek yoghurt and drizzle in maple syrup.
Now all you need to do is sit back, pop the kettle on and enjoy. You can find the gold cutlery and chop & serve board here.
Linking in with #recipeoftheweek