I had also been itching for an excuse to don our new personalised aprons c/o Getting Personal, me with my personalised Jamie Oliver Denim apron with its many pockets and industrial feel, and F with his Kids Doodle Apron which you can draw in with washable felt tip pens.
What you need:
A cup for measuring - the most important tool as it allows your child to do most of the cooking
1 Cup of self raising flour
1 Cup of desiccated coconut
1 Cup of sugar
½ tsp of himalayan salt or rock salt
½ a cup of melted soya butter
How to make:
1. Take one excitable child and one mixing bowl and arm them with a cup.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180c and grease a baking tray or baking parchment.
3. Sift the cup of self raising flour into a bowl and add the cup of sugar and coconut.
4. Carefully measure and melt half a cup of soya butter and add into the mix.
5. Lightly beat the egg and add into the mixing bowl.
6. Grate/add ½ teaspoon of Himalayan Rock Salt into bowl and mix all together with a spoon.
7. At this point you might find it easier to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, mixing it together by hand.
8. Using a small spoon or fingers, take a piece of the mixture and roll into a ball, place on the tray and repeat.
9. When placing them on the tray, space them out slightly as the cookies will spread.
10. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
11. Allow to cool and enjoy with a cuppa!
What have you been cooking recently?
* We would like to thank Getting Personal for providing us with our wonderful aprons and this fab Jaime Oliver Personalised Antipasta Serving Board which is great for parties and serving delicious bites on.
Linking in with