Finally, spring is here! This marks the countdown towards the long-awaited summer holiday season and I, for one, cannot wait to book my next adventure! I’ve been on the hunt for somewhere adventurous, picturesque and most importantly, family-friendly.
If, like me, you haven’t yet decided on this year’s holiday destination, I’ll share with you three of the places that are topping my travel bucket list for this summer:
1. Grand Canyon, USAA visit to the American West has long been on my holiday to-do list and The Grand Canyon seems like the perfect spot to have a family adventure. If you love exploring the outdoors, there’s so much to do when you’re there, such as:
• A hike on one of the many trails, that have varying levels of difficulty
• Rent a bicycle and explore the area on your bike
• Climb to the top of the watchtower at Desert View Point
• Go rafting
• Take a mule trip
At the Grand Canyon, there’s plenty to do to keep all members of your family happy and you’re guaranteed nice weather if you go between April and September. Just don’t forget to pack the sunscreen, the weather can hit a high of 33 degrees!
2. NorwayIf you and your family prefer slightly cooler climates, then Norway might be for you. We like to get the most out of our holidays, so we looked at adventure tours with set itineraries, such as the ones available at Exsus Travel.
Exciting and once-in-a-lifetime activities like dogsledding and snowmobiling, as well as seeing the landscape from a birds-eye view from a helicopter were all big draws towards Norway as our next holiday destination. But most of all, we wanted the chance to see the Northern Lights. Only the lucky few get to witness the sky illuminated in stunning colour and Norway is one of the places where you’re more likely to witness the beautiful display in real life.
3. CroatiaCroatia is renowned for its beautiful scenery and secluded islands, but this doesn’t mean that there’s little to do there to entertain your family.
Game of Thrones is essential viewing in our household and we discovered that you can explore the areas of Dubrovnik where it was filmed – it’s the perfect activity for both older children and adults! A visit to Croatia can also include a visit to two national parks, a relaxing day in the beautiful unspoilt island of Vis, and fun activities like archery available to try in Split.
So, there you go. Three very different places but all of them combining magnificent landscapes with adventure-filled days for all the family. The difficult part is choosing where to visit first!
THIS IS AN ADVERTORIAL