When Paul and I travelled to Rome – pre-child – we really got into our mojito vibe, having fun exploring the city by day and partying by night. So I thought we'd bring a little holiday fun home with us and indulge with a cocktail now and again in the comfort of our flat. So when I saw thebar.com had created fun and easy Shake-Up summer cocktail videos I knew it would be fun to get involved and enjoy a mojito Monday at home. Normally we use a white rum to create our cocktail but we followed the 'No Problemo Mojito' video and tried Captain Morgan's Spice Rum to give it a touch of summer.
To make your own Mojito Monday at home you'll need:
• Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
• Ice Cubes and Crushed Ice
• Fresh Mint
• Soda Water
• Caster Sugar
• First you need to slap the mint to release the flavour ad add to your glass
• Add two parts rum and the juice of half a lime per glass.
• Next add two spoons of Caster sugar to give it a sweet zing.
• Fill your glass with ice and two parts soda water, mix well and enjoy!
The recipe is super easy to follow and we made our cocktails straight into a glass rather than jug, which we'd normally do on a weekend or when drinking with friends, but as we have a four year old to wake us up early o'clock we limit ourselves to one cocktail each on a weeknight. As Paul is travelling to Budapest today we made ours last night but I might sneak a cheeky one in tonight to ease myself into my solo parenting week.
If you want to create your own Mojito Monday a home then you can watch the video below to see how the cocktail crashers create the perfect summer drink or head over to thebar.com for more cocktail ideas.
Do you have a favourite cocktail? I'd love to see what you come up with by tagging images with #letscocktail on twitter or Instagram.
* This post is in collaboration with thebar.com